Welcome to Sutton Technical Books. We provide books, ebooks, videos and safety moments for managers, engineers and executives in the process and energy industries — covering chemicals, oil refining, offshore oil and gas and pipelines. Our goal is to provide practical information that will help you design and operate facilities that are safe, efficient and in compliance with rules and regulations. Catalog information is provided here.
We publish frequent articles and posts. If you would like to be notified on a regular basis (usually once a week) please subscribe.
In January 2022 we started a series of publications to do with the theme of Net Zero by 2050: Technology for a Changing Climate. The theme is that executives and managers are investing in new technologies to meet the business challenges to do with climate change and resource depletion. The posts, ebooks and videos that we publish aim to provide these managers with realistic guidance as to what can be achieved within the next 28 years. We will be publishing information regularly at the following address. We are also working on a book with the same title. The current Table of Contents is shown here.
The first ebook in the series is Net Zero: An Opportunity. It is priced at $9.50. Information is provided here.
For the latest information to do with the topics discussed at this site, please check in at the following LinkedIn groups.
Many organizations and companies have committed to a ‘Net Zero by 2050’ program. Their aim is to have no net emissions of greenhouse gases by the year 2050. This is, to say the least, a challenging target. Meeting the target provides companies in the energy and process industries to provide leadership.
This group discusses safety and environmental to do with the offshore oil and gas industries.
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Climate-Related Disclosures Rule
We have started a series of posts to do with the new proposed rule from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). This rule will require publicly traded companies in the U.S. provide investors with climate-related risks to do with their operations. Posts include the following.
- The SEC’s Climate Rule Background,
- Greenhouse Gas Protocol: Four Scopes,
- Greenhouse Gas Protocol: Four Scopes (video),
- SEC Climate-Related Disclosures for Investors (video),
- SEC Climate-Related Disclosures Part 1,
- SEC Climate-Related Disclosures Part 2, and
- Scope 3 Emissions: Systems Complexity.
We publish newsletters and posts to do with Net Zero technology. Recent publications are:
We offer a wide range of books and ebooks for purchase. They fall into four broad categories.
- Printed books, published by Elsevier (the price posted for the printed books may vary — the publisher frequently offers substantial discounts);
- Ebooks published directly by Sutton Technical Books (.pdf format); and
- The chapters of the printed books, made available as ebooks from ScienceDirect (.pdf format).These also may be discounted.
The current catalog is shown below.